House of Sin

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.


I'm watching the shadows grow over the backyard, while smoking a cigar, drinking a tall, tall drink, and typing on my wireless laptop. Yep, life is good again.

My name's The Bastard and I live in the House of Sin.

--

'Twas around the beginning of March that I realized I missed writing. My last foray into blogging had been fun, but draining. I found that I had boxed myself in, by writing only fiction, and keeping my personal life off-limits. I mean, my personal life is a fucking disaster. Why share? Then again, my personal life is a fucking disaster, so why not?

In the half year since I shut down UKB, I've made some changes in my life. Some good and some great. Generally, life is better. But the one change I've made that still has me scratching my head in a "holy shit, I hope I didn't fuck this one up" kinda-way is my entrance into the House of Sin.

See, I received an interesting offer from a couple guys I know; they needed a roommate. I've lived on my own for years, but the idea appealed to me. I've been a bit of a hermit, and in this area, living by yourself can be financially draining. Quite frankly, I've been broke as a result. So, I decided it was time for a change. I moved into this house, The House of Sin.

I've been living here in the HoS for two weeks, and it's been surprisingly peaceful. I've slept better, felt healthier, and been more relaxed than in a long, Long time. At least a year.

I confess I was concerned that moving into this swanky abode was a mistake. I am a complicated man, living what should not be a complicated life. I'm intensely private (ooh, and blogging about it! Irony-hounds, BEWARE!) to the point of occasional paranoia. This need for privacy goes hand-in-hand with my need to control anyone, everyone and ev-ery-THING around me. If it were simple enough for me to take over the world, a la Big Brother, you would all be bowing to me, as we speak.

My ego aside, I'm desperately searching for some peace-of-mind. For numerous reasons, I've been lacking in personal happiness and fulfillment over the last few years. After a particularly wretched year (thanks, 2005!), I decided that I wanted a better life, and that I wanted to be a "better man" (Thanks, Jack!) This change is part of that internal pact.

--

The House of Sin is currently occupied by several gentleman of an energetic and social nature. By "energetic", I refer to rampant screwing of anonymous women, and by "social", I refer to recreational substance use.

Me, I like the screwing. Oh yes, This Bastard very much enjoys the screwing. But the substance use, I confess, I'm not a fan. But sacrifices need to be made. I have to focus on the long term: Debts to pay, a life to put back into order, and all that. I have to look at this as an opportunity to make positive change. (It's funny, I almost feel like Hurley from last week's episode.)

The substance use has been both less, and more than I originally assumed. I find myself starting to catch a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes in this town, and amongst some of my friends. What I've heard and seen has only made me sad. But it's their life, not mine. I'll just keep my distance and work on fixing myself.

--

So why blog now? Well, I blogged for about a year, dabbling in the erotic fiction genre. Towards the end, I found myself writing stories for the wrong reasons. So, I stopped cold turkey. Following the end of my previous endeavour, the metaphorical winter of discontent struck. I didn't write a damn thing for six months, nothing, nada.

For those six months, I lacked the energy to entertain the beast that is my imagination. Was it burn-out? Was it the ebb and flow of blogging? I honestly don't know.

Late one night in early March, my new residential situation and my lack-of-writing situation collided; Why not write again? Why not take the chance to be dirty once more, but to describe what it's like for this kinky bastard to be surrounded by so much sin, that for once I'm the straight man?

The idea appealed to me. This is an opportunity of the creative kind. The revolving door on this Sinful House will give me the inspiration needed to get "back on the wagon". The faces, the names, the characters...

And oh yes. The sex. The wondrous, wondrous sex.

So, yeah. I'm back. Smirk and all.

This time, don't expect much in the way of fiction. It's all true, this time around. Names and details have been modified to protect the rarely-innocent, etc, etc. Along the way, I'll be using my time here In This Very House (and On This Very Blog) to detail the life and lives of those who dwell in the HoS, and maybe even answer some questions that have been torturing my psyche.

I might even, y'know, open up. Share my feelings, and all that.

That's something I need to work on.

--

There are 7 Deadly Sins. In This House (and On This Blog), the most popular of sins will be documented in all it's (very full, and occasionally ugly) glory. That Sin, of course is Lust.

I'll be your host, The Bastard. I have no idea how long I'm going to last here. I have no idea how I'm going to get my life back in order, while surrounded by all the temptations that will be offered. I do know that it'll be entertaining, if nothing else.

When all is said and done, will my biggest mistake be moving into the House of Sin, or writing about it? Either way, this is all a bad idea. And that thought, well, it makes me laugh.

Ah, well. Let the madness begin.

--

NEXT TIME, ON THE HOUSE OF SIN:

Meet the cast! Who lives here? Who doesn't? What's the deal with the "other" roommate? How long until I "christen" my bedroom? Who stops by, just because they can? How much alcohol CAN one person drink, and still go to work at 7 am the next day? How thin are the walls, anyways? And am I really a bastard, or is it all play? Stay tuned, sinful readers, as we get into the nitty gritty.

-The Bastard.

Posted by The Bastard :: 3:10 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------