House of Sin

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The peeps


The House of Sin is quite the comfortable establishment. Two floors, with several bedrooms, bathrooms, and communal living area upstairs. Downstairs, is The Party Area, plus an unfinished basement.

GH has taken very good care of the HoS, and my brief statement doesn't do it justice. We had a well-bosomed lady stop by over the weekend who called it a "frat house", but "cleaner". I don't think that does it justice, either, but it'll do.

Given my need for privacy, I enjoy having the House to myself, which doesn't happen too often. But late at night, when it's just me wandering around, sipping on a cool beverage (hmmm.. Captain), I'm reminded of my fourth year in college, when I lived with a couple friends. Strange that I think of those times, when I have the house to myself. Odd contradiction. I was good friends with those boys, way back when. Now, I'm still getting to know R and GH. Different times.

As promised, here's a description of some of the characters you'll be reading about.

--

THE ROOMMATES

R - The most, um, "social" of the three residents of the House of Sin, R is a the ultimate post-collegiate party boy. He works during the week, and parties like an 80's hair metal god on the weekends. Well, he finds time for that during the week, too. He is, at his best, a good man. Unfortunately, he's not at his best very often. At his worst, he's stubborn, bordering on obstinate, and too often finds himself lured by unnatural temptations. If it wasn't for the positive influence of GH, R would have found himself in some serious shit by now.

He's always two steps away from disaster, but too high to notice.

GH - The very definition of even-keeled, GH has his shit together, and is coming off a 5-10 year party scene. He's slowly coming to grips with the end of his 20's, and while he likes to have a good time, the days where the House of Sin had people crashing on the couch every night are long gone. He keeps R in line, but doesn't interfere in his life. He walks the fine line between friend and enabler, sometimes veering in the wrong direction.

I'm curious to see where GH ends up in 5 years.

(I wrote the first draft of this post weeks ago, and now can't remember why I'm calling him GH. Huh.)

The Bastard - Yes, that would be me. On occasion, I wonder if the self-applied moniker really fits. Then I remember how I planned on dumping TG, but only after I screwed her. I am like most other men: Selfish, greedy and readily self-destructive. I have a heart, it's true. But there are times I forget it's there, and go on a 3-month binge of despair and pain. My friends are safe from the shit I spew, but my family and any women I'm dating usually get the crap kicked out of them. It's easier for me to take it out on them, sad to say.

I'm a good person, fighting dual influences on different levels. And when I close my eyes, I so very, very often wish I was not just somewhere else, but someone else. There's been less of that lately, thankfully. A sign my life really IS getting better?

--

THE WOMEN (some of them)

TG - A very nice, very horny, and very confused young lady I've been (barely) spending time with. She's working through some of her own baggage and is probably too young for me. I'm a little fearful of breaking her heart. Not because I'll feel bad, but because we travel in the same group of friends.

I don't think we'll be walking off into the sunset like Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly. Our time together won't end well, but it never does with me. Should anyone be surprised?

The EX - We've all got an ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend who's left their mark on our lives, correct? Well, this girl has certainly left a mark or three. She gets a post of her own, at some point down the road. Suffice to say, she's one of the only three women I've ever loved. And she has a superb rack.

HD - Oh, HD.
You're too old for me.
That doesn't stop us from making out,
but I think I'm taking of advantage of thee.
(And your feelings for me.)

--

There's a few others who may or may not get added to the Official HoS Cast List: the 'other roommate' who has made an appearance only once since I moved in, Irish Fucker, and GH's new girl, whom I adore. I'm sure there will be others, and I'll make sure to keep you fine readers updated.

--

I'm still working on fixing up my room. I hope to have it completed by the end of the month, although the art prints I've chosen from www.art.com won't be ordered until the end of this week. Still have boxes of books to sort and shelve, but I'm positively giddy at unboxing some books which I haven't seen in 5+ years. This Bastard loves The Books, y'see.

Life is good, here in the House of Sin. Almost lost myself in a pair of soulful brown eyes on Saturday night, but more about that later.

That girl had a nice rack, too.

Hm.

-- The Bastard.

Posted by The Bastard :: 12:09 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------