House of Sin

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Isn't it ironic.

I've always prided myself on being surrounded by good people; I love my friends, they're great people. When I was going through my recent relationshiop woes and I needed a steady hand, heavy shoulder, or a metaphorical light to lead the way, my compadres came through for me.

I love my friends. They're one of the best parts of my life.

So I was caught off-guard last night when I realized that they've been leaning on me for, of all things, relationship advice. I almost laughed at them. I mean, of all people to ask for relationship assistance, I'm the one chosen?

Go figure.

"The Bastard is very easy to talk to," SullenGirl explains to ExoticGirl, as if I'm not standing there in front of them.

"I've picked up on that." ExoticGirl nods in agreement. She looks at me, her eyes drunkenly pleading for help. ExoticGirl is in some relationship trouble. It's about to come to a head and she needs my help.

Later on, we discuss getting together for coffee sometime before school starts up, and she's too busy to see me. We settle on a day next week, but before we part ways she mentions she has a "few bombs" for me.

I almost tell her that I know what the "bombs" are: She's secretly in love with one of my best friends, who is ALSO secretly in love with her and has been for over three years.

But what they want to hear is that it's okay to screw around while she's seeing someone else which, as anyone who's read this blog recently will know, isn't something I'm too keen on right now.

"Take the high road." I said to both of them last night. One day later, I'm wondering if they took my advice.

They are the two most independent people I know, and yet here I am, digging through relationship woes and helping people find their way.

I'm not bothered by helping out people, but I do wonder where it came from. Genetics? Behavior? Necessity?

I guess I don't need to figure it out. I should just be happy that I can do something for the people who got me through this summer.

Soon enough, I'd imagine, I'll be turning to them with questions like, "So how come when I stuck a vibrator up her ass, she got pissed at me even though I used my fingers down there the other night? " or "She won't bring home another girl with her, unless we promise to alternate between men and women, because she really likes being DP'd. Does that make any sense to you?"

Heh.

-- The Bastard.

Posted by The Bastard :: 6:14 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------